What we believe at St. Paul’s Church is succinctly stated in the Great Commandment as given to us by our Lord, Jesus Christ: We are to love the Lord, our God, with all of our hearts, souls, and minds, and to honor our neighbor as we would honor ourselves.
This Great Commandment shapes principles that help define further who we are and how we seek to grow in faith and spirit at St. Paul’s. They help us live into the reality that being a Christian is transformational—that by practicing our faith, we will be changed. These principles include:
- Common worship through liturgy, prayer, and sacraments.
- Christian witness to the community through service.
- Spiritual growth and education throughout the spectrum of all ages, contexts, and cultures.
- Sharing the peace and sanctuary of Christ with all people.
- The continuity of our faith as lived by those who came before and those who will follow.
- Maintaining a community spirit that nurtures love, fellowship, trust, hope, healing, reconciliation, as well as mutual support and care for all.